Dental Cleaning FAQs
Northside Dental Clinic provides you and your family with a wide range of dental services in Springfield, MO.
One of the most common appointments people make is regular dental cleanings, which we recommend every six months so our dentists can monitor your oral health.
Today, our staff answers frequently asked questions about dental cleanings.
What is Dental Cleaning?
During a dental cleaning at your dentist’s office, dental hygienists will update your medical history since your last checkup, take X-rays of your teeth to detect decay and talk to you about how to take care of your teeth.
A dentist will evaluate your gums, teeth, and mouth before recommending preventive services. A dentist will also assess your bite and suggest a treatment regimen for your next appointment.
During preventive services, the dental staff will polish your teeth, remove plaque, tartar, and stain, apply a fluoride rinse, and clean dentures or partial dentures.
How Often Should I Get a Dental Cleaning?
Dentists recommend a dental cleaning every six months.
What is the Goal of Routine Dental Cleanings?
Getting rid of tartar and plaque that causes gum disease and other oral health issues.
How Does a Dental Office Clean My Teeth?
A dental hygienist usually performs a cleaning at your dentist’s office.
- Scraping away plaque or tartar deposits with a scraping tool. It looks like a small hook at the end of a handle about the size of a pencil.
- Polish your teeth with a tooth polisher. This tool has a white rubber tip that rotates quickly to distribute the polishing agent.
- Floss your teeth.
- A fluoride rinse that strengthens your teeth and protects them.
How Much Does a Dental Cleaning Service Cost?
At Northside Dental Clinic, a dental cleaning costs $93.
What Are The Benefits of a Professional Dental Cleaning?
As a dentist’s office patient, your oral hygiene receives several benefits from a professional dental cleaning.
- Remove stains from your teeth to help keep them whiter and look more natural.
- Help you prevent gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss.
- Remove tartar and plaque to help prevent gum disease.
- Recommend preventive measures to help you maintain good oral health daily.
- Suggest further treatments, if necessary.
- Detect gum disease.
- Screen for oral cancer.
How Many Dental Offices Are in Springfield, Missouri?
More than 250 dentists in Springfield can help you with dental implants, including Northside Dental Clinic. Call us today at (417) 862-2468 for more information.