How to Whiten Your Teeth Naturally
A bright smile can leave a positive, lasting impression when you meet someone for the first time. If your teeth aren’t as white as you’d like, you might be looking for ways to brighten them and restore them to their natural beauty.
Fortunately, there are many great ways to naturally whiten your smile without expensive teeth whitening products or potentially harmful chemicals. If you’re searching for simple ways to whiten your smile, here are six tips to whiten your teeth naturally.
6 Natural Teeth Whitening Methods
- Brush with baking soda. Baking soda is a popular ingredient in the toothpaste you find at the store. Simply mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water and brush with this mixture a few times a week to naturally whiten your teeth over time.
- Limit foods and beverages that stain your teeth. Soda, coffee, red wine, dark berries, and sugary treats are all major culprits that will stain your teeth. After eating these foods, rinse your mouth out with water or brush your teeth within 30 minutes to prevent stains.
- Consider buying an electric toothbrush. An electric toothbrush removes more surface stains than a standard toothbrush due to the vibrating head of the brush. While these toothbrushes are a bit more expensive than a generic toothbrush, your investment will be well worth it.
- Eat a healthy diet. Apples, nuts, broccoli, carrots, celery, cheese, milk, yogurt, and strawberries all have natural qualities that will fight off stains, brighten your smile, and improve your overall oral health in the process.
- Try oil pulling. This folk remedy requires that you swish oil in your mouth to remove bacteria before it turns into plaque. You can do this daily with many oils, including sesame oil, sunflower oil, or coconut oil.
- Brush and floss regularly. This is perhaps the most obvious teeth whitening tip, but it’s effective! Tooth discoloration is primarily the result of plaque buildup, so maintain a routine of brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist for regular cleanings.
Although teeth whitening is nice, those white teeth won’t do you any good if you’re suffering from oral diseases, toothaches, or other dental problems. Even if you have pretty pearly whites, be sure to visit your dentist every six months to ensure your teeth are healthy. Call Northside Dental Clinic to make an appointment today!